I know many die hard Burt’s Bees lip balm fans and I wish I could say the same, but this just doesn’t really cut it for me.
Don’t get me wrong, I really wanted to like this, especially since it’s 100% natural. I’ve tried the original Beeswax one, and also another one with SPF (can’t remember the name) and they were all a bit disappointing. The only ones that I do like are their tinted lip balms (because of the smoother application). This Island Passion fruit one is just okay. Definitely not something I will repurchase though.
- 100% natural
- packaging strives to be as eco-friendly as possible
- doesn’t really moisturize my lips
- leaves my lips feeling sticky
- leaves a white film over my lips
- accentuates chapped, flakey lips
- no SPF
What I look for in a lip balm is a smooth application that leaves my lips feeling super quenched and soft. For $3, I will definitely pass the next time around.
COCKTAIL PAIRING: Island Passion Fruit Sangria
- 1 bottle (750ml) any sweet white wine/riesling
- 4 12oz bottles of Juice Squeeze Passion fruit & Mango flavor
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 lemon
Mix all liquids into a pitcher and squeeze in juice of the lemon and stir.
Garnish with orange/lemon slices and pineapple wedges.
Serve chilled, sit beachside and enjoy!